Family Groups (main line)
d. 16 Jan 1860, aged 81, Carfrae, Channelkirk
AGNES GARDENER (GARNER)
For years I thought James (below) was the son of John Burrell and Elspeth Lauder
James and Margaret set up home in Heriot by Cookston Midlothian which is a small village outside Stow.
|1||John||m. 27 Dec 1833
Parish of Crichton, County of Edinburgh
|Euphemia Leadbutter||James Leadbetter
|b.Feb 1807, Stow Midlothian||chr 15 Apr 1810 Stow, Midlothian
d. 26 May 1884, age 71, village of Stow of Pneumonia as testified by son John of Stow village
|b.17 Apr 1808, Heriot by Crookston, Midlothian|
|3||Agnes||m. Oct 3 1834||William Murray, Labourer, Bruntiburn|
|b.21 Mar 1812, Legerwood
living at Stow in 1834
d. 6 Jan 1886, age 71, 9 Lintburn Street, Galashiels; testified by William Murray, Grandson
|d. before 1886|
|b.Mar 1814, Legerwood|
|5||George, Coal Banksman||m.||Janet Anderson|
d. 10 Mar 1879, age 63, 33 Morrison St., Edinburgh. testified by brother-in-law Ralph Anderson
|b. 1817, Lauder||b. 1819, Channelkirk|
|b.27 Mar 1827, Legerwood|
1) The following info is from Jennifer Burrell's site in Ballarat, Australia http://users.ncable.net.au/jburrell/gen/burrell/index.html
Information from Joyce Stenhouse-Brown:
Children of John BURRELL and Euphemia LEADBUTTER:
1. Dorothy BURRELL b 1838-39 Channelkirk (JS-B)
2. James BURRELL b 1840 Channelkirk (JS-B)
Margaret BURRELL b 1842 Legerwood d 1886.
Margaret STENHOUSE d 31 Mar 1886 Chapel Street, Marrickville, Sydney d/o John/Dorothy (should be Euphemia LEADBUTTER)
Margaret BURRIEL (BURRELL) d/o John BURRIEL, Plowman, m 15 Mar 1861 Ratchelfield, Earlston, Berwick, George STENHOUSE s/o John STENHOUSE deceased, and Mary RINTOUL (RENTOLL) Witnesses: J STENHOUSE, JS WALKER. [IGI Batch Number M117361 extracted from parish records] (Certificate held by Joyce Stenhouse-Brown)
George and Margaret immigrated to Australia on the Anglo Indian which arrived at Townsville 13 Sep 1883 and settled at Rockhampton, Queensland. Early in 1886 they moved to Sydney, NSW to live with Margaret's cousin Alexander BURRELL. Alexander and his family also immigrated on the Anglo Indian to Townsville before settling in Sydney.
George STENHOUSE d 12 Sep 1885, 7 Maria Street, Redfern, Sydney s/o John STENHOUSE/Euphemia (should be Mary RINTOUL) [NSW 4526]
Children of George STENHOUSE and Margaret BURRELL:
1. Euphemia STENHOUSE b 16 Jul 1861 Earlston, Berwick d/o George STENHOUSE/Margaret BURREL [IGI Batch Number C117361 extracted from parish records]
2. John STENHOUSE b 11 Aug 1863 Lauder, Berwick s/o George STENHOUSE/Margaret BURRIEL [IGI Batch Number C117481 extracted from parish records]
3. William STENHOUSE b 8 Jul 1865 Westruther, Berwick s/o George STENHOUSE/Margaret BURRIEL [IGI Batch Number C117561 extracted from parish records]
4. James STENHOUSE b 12 Aug 1867 Westruther, Berwick s/o George STENHOUSE/Margaret BURRIEL [IGI Batch Number C117561 extracted from parish records]
5. Peter STENHOUSE b 26 Jul 1870 Legerwood, Berwick s/o George STENHOUSE/Margaret BURRIEL [IGI Batch Number C117491 extracted from parish records]
6. George STENHOUSE b 9 Dec 1872 Channelkirk, Berwick [IGI Batch Number C117291 extracted from parish records]
7. ? STENHOUSE b ?
8. ? STENHOUSE b ?
9. ? STENHOUSE b ?
4. Euphemia BURRELL b 1846 Earlston, Berwick (JS-B)
John BURRELL b abt 1848-49 Earlston, Berwick.
John BURRELL m 29 Dec 1871 Stow Manse, Midlothian, Scotland, Helen ALLAN [Cert 48602]
John BURRELL m 1833 Helen ALLEN
Helen BURRELL b 1850 Fans, Berwick, d 1901 (JS-B)
Helen BURRELL m 5 Jul 1872 Ladhope, Roxburgh, John MELROSE [IGI Batch Number M119371 extracted from parish records]
Children of John MELROSE and Helen BURRELL:
1. John MELROSE
2. Euphemia MELROSE
3. Helen MELROSE
4. Margaret MELROSE
5. James MELROSE