ANCESTORS OF DAVE KINCAID
THOMAS KINCAID b. ca. 1731, d .29 Mar.1812,
Falkirk, Stirlingshire m. Elizabeth
Chislie, b. ca. 1731, d. 3 Apr.1788, Falkirk
and had issue,
- John, b.ca.1761, d. 11 Feb.1794 at Carron Flats, Falkirk,
m. Margaret Gaff, b.ca.1759, d. 5 Feb.1844
and had issue,
- Thomas, b.ca.1785, Falkirk, d.31 Dec. 1848,
- John, (Sir) ,b. ca.1787, Falkirk ,1809 joined the 95th
Rifles, 1811-15 served in the Penisula War and was severely wounded
at Waterloo, 1826 made Captain, 1830 published "Adventures
in the Rifle Brigade", 1831 retired from the army, 1835 published
"Random Shots of a Rifleman", 1850 was Inspector of
Factories and Prisons for Scotland, senior exon of the royal bodyguard
of Yeomen of Guard, 1852 knighted by Queen Victoria at Buckingham
Palace. Sir John died aged 76 on 23rd Apr. 1862 at
- Alexander, b.ca.1788, Falkirk, d. 27 Jan. 1806,
drowned by shipwreck on coast off Durban, Africa.
- Margaret, b.1792, Falkirk, d. 6 Oct.1863, m.
Peter Hardie a merchant in Leith.
- Charles, b.1793, Falkirk, d 5 Mar.1866 in Paarl,
Cape of Good Hope.
- Alexander , b. 13 May 1764, of whom presently.
- Thomas, b 13 Apr.1766, Falkirk
- Elizabeth, b. 13 Nov.1767, m. 7 Feb 1787 to
The second son,
ALEXANDER KINCAID, b.13 May 1764, Falkirk,
d.17 Feb. 1854, a farmer at Orchard Hall, Falkirk, m. Jean
Clark (d. 28 Oct. 1840, Falkirk) and had issue.
- Thomas, b. ca.1790, d. 9 Feb 1794, Falkirk.
- James, b. 9 Apr. 1794, farmer at Orchard Hall, Falkirk, d.
7 Jul. 1855,
- m. 18 Apr.1842, Janet Hill at Garshangan, b. 1822, d.1 Jul.1842
at Orchard Hall
- m. ca. 1845, Agnes Wilson, and had issue,
- Agnes, b. ca.1845, Falkirk
- Jane, b.12 Apr.1846, Falkirk
- Margaret, b. ca. 1850, Falkirk
- Mary, b. June 1851, d. 21 Dec. 1851, Falkirk.
- Thomas , b. 26 Sep. 1796, of whom presently.
- Alexander, b. 17 Jul.1798, Falkirk.
- John, b. 23 Nov. 1801, d. 21 Dec 1808, Falkirk.
The third son,
THOMAS KINCAID, b. 26 Sep. 1796,
Falkirk, m. 2 Jul 1838 at Wood Cottage, Greenock to Ann
Henderson, (b. 30 Dec.1814, Port Glasgow, d.
2 Jan 1883 at Fox St. Greenock) ,dau. of John Henderson, Shipmaster,
Port Glasgow. Thomas was a Captain in 1838 and thereafter a Shipowner
and Merchant, Town Treasurer of Greenock. He died on 18 Mar.1884
at Quarry Bank, Fox St (formerly Eldon St.), Greenock and had
- Alexander, b.30 May 1839, Greenock.
- John George, b.3 Oct.1840, Greenock. m. Margaret
Grierson Scott on 8 Sep.1875 at Kirtlington, Oxford. Founded a
shipbuilding company at Greenock. He d.26 Apr.1924 at Newark
St., Greenock leaving an estate of £139,853.
- Janet, b.8 Apr.1842, Greenock. d. unm. 24 Jan.1924,
11 Eldon St. Leaving an estate of £9,204.
- Thomas, b.29.Apr.1843, Greenock, of whom presently,
- Ann Jane, b. 28 Aug.1844, Greenock, unm.
- Marion, b.29 Nov 1845, Greenock, unm.
- James, b. 12 Sep.1847, Greenock.
- Elizabeth, b.28 Nov. 1848, Greenock.
- Charles Stewart, b. 14 Jan. 1851, Greenock, unm.
- William Clark, b.30 Nov.1854, Greenock.
THOMAS WILLIAM HARDIE KINCAID, b.
29 Apr. 1843 at Oakfield, Greenock. m.6 Oct.1867 at St Thomas'
Church, Mile End Old Town, Stepney, London to Sarah Ann Drake
(b.19 Feb.1851, Norfolk Place, Rotherhithe, d. 14 Feb.1897, Eugenia
Rd., Rotherhithe). Thomas was a Shipwright, but between 1871 and
1884 he was cattle farming in Patagonia. He died on 3 Feb.1929
at 18 Bush Rd., Rotherhithe and had issue,
- Julia, b.ca. 1868, Rotherhithe.
- William Henry Brooks, b. 15 Feb.1870, Rotherhithe.
- Thomas William Brooks, b. 30 Jun. 1885, Rotherhithe.
THOMAS WILLIAM BROOKS KINCAID, b.30 Jun 1885 , 5
Prospect Place, Rotherhithe, m. 19 May 1910, St. James'
Church, Bermondsey , to Alice May Sprinsall (b.2 Oct.1887,
Silwood St., Rotherhithe, d. 24 May 1891, Dartford). Thomas was
a labourer, and in WW1 he was in the Royal Engineers in Egypt,
and in France on 9 Apr 1916 with the 136 Army Troop Co. of Royal
Engineers, BEF. He died on 5 Jul.1948 and had issue,
- Alice May
- Elsie Elizabeth
- Gladys Frances
- Thomas William
- Ruby Lillian
- Eric David Hardie, b. 1 Mar.1931, Rotherhithe. Illustrator
and father of
last updated 10 Sep. 1996